Android Question Help with Low Literacy Survey Proof of Concept

jmoeller

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not a real programmer but I am usually good enough to put together a mock up or proof of concept with B4A. However, I am running into a problem and would like to solicit the advice of more experienced programmers here at B4A.

I want to design a survey application that can be used with low literacy users with a basic outline as below.
upload_2017-1-2_11-59-34.png

When the form loads, I want the question to be visible and the corresponding audio to play. Next I want to change the color of Answer 1 and read that audio and revert color of Answer 1 button. Then repeat for each of the remaining answers. After this is complete, I want the user to be able to repeat the question or these answers by hitting the speaker buttons to the right. At any time, I want the user to be able select an answer. For example, if the user can read and knows the answer, I don't want them to wait until any process finishes.

This is where I am challenged as I don't have a great understanding of activities, how best to pause/stop audio, or to wait until audio completes until continuing. etc. I have it close but fear I am doing it wrong so what I am looking for is to have someone provide some basic guidance as to how I would structure the various events. For example, I am currently using a wait (wait ((sp.duration/1000) + 1) between reading answers. However, I am unable to select a button during this wait.

Rather than post my convoluted code, I am looking for an outline of the right way to accomplish this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jonathan