Android Question Is it possible to process images in real time?

irda

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello. I am new and I need to know which of the following are possible which make with B4A and not because they are supported by a mobile. It is an application that analyzes images in real time to show some information at the end of the process.
- Start the camera. It is possible using the library CameraEx.
- Access the camera preview: if the function Sub Camera1_preview (Data () As Byte) of the same library.
- Extract RGB values of each pixel vector Data ()?. I think this format Data Ybr.
-Loop through all the pixels for values. Do you think that will be too slow? Can you capture less resolution to go faster?

All this should make about 20 times per second. Is it too much effort for a phone?

I appreciate any help.

mindcom

Licensed User
Longtime User

Many Thx JordiCP.
It is very nice, but not usefull for my problem, sorry.
Some way I can process preview images, but I need to process as quick as I can the full resolution image that comes from _PictureTaken event, without saving it, and hopefully without having out-of-memory problems.
Anyway thank you very much for your effort.
Any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Could you define more or less what does this processing consist of? Extract useful info from the picture or modifying it?

You should consider also which are the minimum resolution and speed values that you need to make it work

Depending on the answer, perhaps it can be possible

Upvote 0