Java Exception Error Handler

Celliware

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to get a better understanding of how B4A presents the java error to the B4A to handle. From my research on the forum there is lots of questions around this, but i have not found a solution that is similiar to a VB type error controller based on the supplied error code. This leads me to believe that we need to handle each error on a task by task basis. (Subject to correction by all on this forum)

So in the event that a java error is raised by a event, how do we raise the return to normal program execution. Does the Catch and Try option be invoked in that activity or does it get called by the Resume Activity.

The reason for all the above is that I have two seperate situation that will raise a java error, but I can handle them programatically. My challenge is how to actually interface to the error so that I can handle it.

If any one has a tutorial or sample code that would be great assistance.

:sign0163:

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Using a try->catch, should help you, the ideal of course being having no error at all. There are many types of errors. A bad network connection can raise an error. This really should be handled, sometimes with try->catch, other times inside events specifically designed to inform us with the error (an example is the aStreams_Error sub). On the other hand, an error caused by your coding, should always been repaired, it's not good to try->catch it.

Upvote 0

Celliware

Licensed User
Longtime User
Java Error Code Handler

Hi All,

Thanks for the response, just to confirm then that I need to handle each event seperately and there is no generic error handler event that we can parse the java events to.

Thanks

Upvote 0