Android Question link to privacy policy. How do we usually do it?

Gerardo Tenreiro

Licensed User
Hello

Today, GOOGLE PLAY tells me that my application does not comply because nowhere is there a link to my privacy policy.

Other applications that I have published do not have this link, so I understand that it is something they are requesting recently.

How do you usually do it?

I await your comments and some examples that are hidden and do not bother much in the APP.
Thank you so much

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know if this will help you. But I made this test program when doing mine

But when doing my app Google wants you to show a Privacy Policy and get Consent from the user to proceed.
This was the test program I did. It shows the Privacy Policy and Asks the user to Accept or Deny it.
If they Accept we carry on, if they Deny it we exit.

Once we have their Acceptance we show the same screen whenever they click on the Privacy Policy button but this time with just an OK button

Good luck

BobVal

Attachments

• Project.zip
    96.2 KB · Views: 29
Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
For a number of years I have had a web page with a privacy statement for both Android & iOS apps. There is no option to accept or reject the statement. No complaints from either operator as yet....

Edited to add..... I do not setup user accounts or collect personal information aside from customer feedback emails. Feedback may be used for future modifications or new localisations.

If you collect ANY personal user data you must state why you are gathering it, what you will use it for, and if it will be shared with 3rd parties. You must give the user the option to decline this collection. You must also give the user the facility to change his mind and delete any account data that is held.

All commonse stuff really.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For Android, just create a html page and put inside your hosting server. You can generate the html using online tools. I have a registered domain and I can upload the file using CPanel or FTP client. Then update the Google Play console with the link to the html page.

For iOS, I need to create a page inside the app to allow user to delete the data from my remote database server.

Upvote 0

Gerardo Tenreiro

Licensed User
Hello
Let's go in parts:
A.- I already have the privacy policy uploaded to a page, but it seems that now they want a window to open from the application itself and you can see the policy, I don't know whether to just view or accept. I have my doubts
B.- In previous applications, uploading only the policy was worth it.
C.- I normally publish the privacy policy on DRIVE and share the link, it always worked for me, but not now.

That's why ask how you are doing it.

Now use a WebView with the address of my DRIVER to the privacy policy.
I am finalizing re-uploading the APP and seeing the result.
I will comment to you.

Thank you very much for the help and if this happens to anyone else, please comment on how you solved it.

Upvote 0