Android Question login to a website and send js to address bar

Eric H

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an idea for an app but I'm not entirely certain its possible, or if it is, that it is not going to require a deep understanding of how the web works (of which I am not much of an expert). Maybe y'all can let me know if you think this is possible, what all might be involved in this project, and maybe the level of web protocol understanding it might involve...

Here goes:
The grocery store I shop at has a coupon program that let's you log into their website with a username and a password. Once you are logged in, you are given a list of coupons you can click on which will be added to your grocery savings card. They come out with a new list every week, so I got tired of having to log in every week and click on each coupon one by one... I did an internet search and found out that someone wrote some JavaScript that I can paste into the address bar of my browser while I am logged into the grocery store website. This JavaScript code adds all of the available coupons to your card all at once.

My regular routine is to open my browser, log into the website, paste the JavaScript in the address bar, and then I am done.

Is there a way I can make an app that will let a user enter his login info to the app (which the app would store for next time), then it will log into the website and paste/run the JavaScript code for them?

Ideally, the app would be something that wouldn't require much actual interaction, just a service or something that I would schedule to.run once a week that didn't require any real interaction, maybe a notification when its done saying that it ran successfully or whatever...

Impossible? Difficult? Ideas on libs, or ways of going about this? Any advanced understanding of web protocols I will need to look at? Maybe use JSInterface lib?

Thanks folks :)

Eric H