Android Question More detail in build logs?

MotoMusher

Licensed User
Longtime User
I moved to SDK 29 and built an existing project.

I am getting build errors that "Current declaration does not match previous one". I have read several threads explaining some of the causes of this.

My issue is that when double clicking on the red text in logs, it doesn't take me anywhere. The code also does not look like code I wrote, and I suspect it's coming from a library. I did a search for "Dim s as" with no hits in my code. The "unknown member replace" items also seem stranded.

Is there any way to determine where the offending code is located? Same errors in debug and release.

1605601360149.png

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there any way to determine where the offending code is located?
I don't have a good answer for this, sorry. Hopefully somebody can say something on the best strategy here.

But I can say that the clue "Content-Disposition" hints at this being a library for http requests. Armchair guess is that perhaps you have an old internal library that needs updating, something like OkHttpUtils2 maybe?

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Which libraries are you using?

I guess you can't search and find 'replace' anywhere in your code or library code can you?

Upvote 0

MotoMusher

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update. I was unable to resolve this. I restored from backup before I upgraded B4A to latest release and changed target SDK and a few other items.

Project launched fine without errors.
Changed targetSDK to 29. no errors
In runtime, I received errors related to an old reference to ACL. Removing that reference resolved all issues. App functional and published to Play.

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0