Wish My Wish is...

D

Deleted member 103

Hi,

My wish is that all wishes should are answered and respects!
The answer must be declared when it is implemented, and it should not be implemented, then the reason.

I know, many will be answered, but many also completely ignored.

Otherwise it is useless to write any further requests. :(

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
dont forget filippo >80k members with lots of questions that their priority is higher then wishes.

but i am sure that every wish is not been ignored even if you did not get any response on it. :)

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
but i am sure that every wish is not been ignored even if you did not get any response on it.
That's true.

In many cases I cannot say whether the request will be implemented or not as there are many factors involved and it is possible that a request will be implemented several years after it was requested.
It is also possible that it will not be implemented at all.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it is possible that a request will be implemented several years after it was requested.

This is not so nice; after x time, I would answer something like: "sorry, your request will not be implemented because...".

As you know, today I'm also not so nice, sorry!

I hope you have a list of all old requests or, better, a db table, with request date.
I think there are old requests which require not too much time for their implementation and that they are about useful things.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I could say I agree with general idea of a minimal answer should be given, but, as stated, the question forum takes a lot more relevance and time. This said, I know for a fact that all request are read and thought about... but it is not just because "it shouldn't be too hard to implement" that a wish will be implemented... EREL has to weight out the benefits it may bring for the general users... I recently made a request to EREL that was implemented in only a few days time (from request to implementation) but it was a really simple one, transparent for about 99% of the users.... so why it was implemented? EREL has for sure his reasons... Many other feature requests have been implemented, like the custom view custom properties, which took 3 b4a versions before being implemented...

What I'm trying to say is... not every wish/request will be implemented, but also, not every wish/request deserve an answer, like "I've like to have better support for my one of the kind android thing"...(I made this one up!)...
Reasonable requests should have an answer... positive or negative... even a negative for now, maybe positive later...

But do remember, EREL is not a three headed alien, nor has cloned himself dozens... And still, he manages to give us amazing products and upgrades at an incredible rate!

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
how do you know?? o_O :D
he's wrong, Erel has at least three heads, I'm sure :p

But they are not enough, now: B4A, B4I, B4J, B4R, B4B, B4Q, B4Z... are too much even for him, I think.

Also, I think he is more oriented to innovation; this is definitely a virtue, but at least me, old man... I need old things that are not present in B4A.
I'm not asking support for punch cards :p

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel has at least three heads, I'm sure
How do you put a genius mind in three heads only ?
Me, I have more specific question about the future and AnyWhereSoftware strategy because as I see it currently, it is more based on gain new users than retain the older (but I should open a dedicated thread for that).

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are not interpreting it correctly. You think that I need to respond to all your posts. If that was the case then we were still running B4A v2.00.

There are 80k developers in this community. I do my best to help with technical issues. I cannot devote my limited time to argue about everything.

A good example of a thread that I should have ignored and didn't: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/firebase-are-you-sure-it-is-free.68148/

Another post that I should have ignored: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/my-wish-is.68150/#post-432024

Now instead of releasing B4R v1.10 BETA, with support for ESP8266, we have those meaningless posts that I answered.

(making angry the questioner :mad::))
If you are angry then take a break. This is a large community. Angry members do not add anything positive...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will not add anything more on this site, this is sure!

You are a genius, this is sure, but I don't like some your manners.

what is wrong with you luca, do you really thing your manners are fine?

why are you such respect less to people and more to people that helped you a lot?

there are different ways to express your anger (like pm)

this is such uncool from you Luca

and btw i am not writing it to get likes like you said in an older post you wrote. (so please dont like this post)

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what is wrong with you luca, do you really thing your manners are fine?

why are you such respect less to people and more to people that helped you a lot?

there are different ways to express your anger (like pm)

this is such uncool from you Luca

and btw i am not writing it to get likes like you said in an older post you wrote. (so please dont like this post)

I had already fallen a lot my little aid to this community, more or less for the same reasons.

Surely the reason that @sorex has written is an even more important reason.
which means you have more time to finish your long awaited app! ;)

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Forbidden to post more questions until the release!!!! ;)

There is a saying that says: הפרה רוצה להניק יותר משהעגל רוצה לינוק

so dont worry B4R 1.10 BETA will be soon out :)

PS: dont try to translate the saying with google translate you will get a very weird translation that has nothing to do with the meaning of the saying (believe me i tried to translate it and it was awful)​

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As you can suppose, I tried to translate it. Even if google gives a bad translation, I can more or less imagine the meaning.... and (if I am not wrong) it is true

There is another saying in Catalan (which Google also translates incorrectly) which says "En cap cap cap el que cap en aquest cap" which means "Noone's head has as much capacity as this head", of course refering to Erel ;)

Jokes apart, I think everybody's wishes are legitimate, but when we convert non-satisfied wishes into regrets, something goes wrong...

As lemonisdead said, peace (and love, and B4R 1.10 :D)