Problem with IDE sending .adk to phone.

mramos

Licensed User
Longtime User
I downloaded and installed the basic4android compiler, added the two lines for the hello world test. Hit F5 and received this error. I could not paste the whole thing for some reason, the the error in question is below:

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]

Seems it's unable to move the app to the emulator. I am able to adb push it on the emulator by hand and run it. Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue?

I have re-installed java, android-sdk and b4a. Same problem. The emulator and adb work fine by hand. I googled and see lot of people with the issue, not just with b4a.

I am running the latest java, sdk and b4a, even updated the sync manager.

Thanks in advance for any direction.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Like you I also get a "does not include classes.dex" error when installing your apk. Actually the file is there but not in the root folder of the apk where I would expect it to be but in a folder named "bin" where it seems the loader cannot locate it.

I am afraid that Erel will need to try to find out why this is happening when he is next available.

Upvote 0

mramos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Like you I also get a "does not include classes.dex" error when installing your apk. Actually the file is there but not in the root folder of the apk where I would expect it to be but in a folder named "bin" where it seems the loader cannot locate it.

I am afraid that Erel will need to try to find out why this is happening when he is next available.

Thanks for checking it for me agraham. All excited to get on the B4A bandwagon.

Murphy seems to have got me. Missed the xmas special as I could not get email to the domain/Erel or the forum. I can get anywhere on the net I go but here, weird. So not sure what is up. But I will hang in there for sure.

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mramos

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have it in c:\android\android-sdk-windows and c:\program files\android\android-sdk-windows

So unzip it to c:\androidsdk? Will try that. I have not been able to get on the forum for days.

Upvote 0

mramos

Licensed User
Longtime User
c:\android\android-sdk-windows should also be fine as it doesn't contain spaces.

That is where I have it now. On the home machine. Will load it there on the work machine and try it.

Ok to load on two machine after purchase? Can you PM the paypal account?
Glad the forum is back up.

Thanks again Erel.

Upvote 0

touchsquid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same problem

I'm a new user of Basic4 android. I cannot get the emulator to run any program compiled with basic 4. The error is "classes.dex is not included" but the file classes.dex is there in the root of the apk file.

I tried several sample apps but all give the same error.

I tried reinstalling the emulator, running it with administrator privileges etc. all to no avail.

Help!

Upvote 0

touchsquid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Classes.dex is in the bin directory

Sorry, I looked again. classes.dex is in the bin directory. Is this where it belongs?

Upvote 0

touchsquid

Licensed User
Longtime User
APK file generated by Basic4 Android

I have tried this with Android 2.2 and 2.31 (8 and 9) with the same result. This is from 8.

What script creates classes.dex?

Upvote 0