Java Question Rename internal ViewsEX library

Alain75

Since I use the internal library ViewsEX in an application I published as an apk (UriViewer), Google Drive is blocking the page because the file is not compliant with its policy. I just realize that the name of the library could be read as ViewSEX :oops:

@Erel , could you rename this library ?
Thanks in advance

Alain75

Yes, you're wright. I tried a workaround duplicating and renaming the internal library as an external one and it didn't change anything. I don't understand what's happening with this particular program ! It is still taged as suspicious but the 4 others no !

Sorry for the request

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you seem to offer features that google no longer allows, which features may be in violation of some tos. since i can't download the app, i have no way of checking it out. if i am correct, you offer to expose data to which google has shut the door. in any case, you need to ask google which policy or policies you have violated. they usually respond to the appeal process. when you do contact them, the less said about viewSEX the better.
by the way, you need to make sure you contact google, not some community help desk. it is manned by "volunteers", not google employees. they state they have no access to google's decision making.

Alain75

Thank you for your answer. I don't understand this tag "suspicious" on my apk and which rule I seem to violate :( At the beginning, it was not taged so, but I am no more able to identify which evolution caused that (I attached the apk if you can help of course).
I asked many time to Google to inspect the file with no answer currently. It is just an URI viewer with B4XTable. I send with a file transfer the apk to a college which has been able to download, security check and install it without any problem.

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
only google can tell you what you have done or what they believe you have done. i have told you what i think
the problem is.

i can only suggest you try to publish the app on google play. that will confirm if the app is in violation of
some policy. if the app is accepted on play then the violation on google drive might refer to your use of
google drive.

there is also the possibility something has been tagged in error. it happens.

Alain75

I submitted my apk to Virustotal : Google and Ikarus detected suspicious code o_O. That is the explanation of course but I still not understand where is my suspicious code. As I am not a professional, I don't know how to ask Google...

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
google's policies usually have to do with privacy, not viruses. the folders you propose to display relate to privacy, in my opinion.

if you publish the app on google play and it is rejected, google will tell you why specifically.

you don't have to be a professional to ask google why they have flagged your app.
"dear google, can you please tell me which policy i have violated. thank you, alain75"
you don't have to say anything else. no viewSEX, no Virustotal, no "suspicious", no "i don't understand", etc, etc. just ask which policy you have violated. it may be the app or it may be something else entirely.

other forum members here have been able to communicate with google, but it has been in the context of google play, not google drive. the policies are not necessarily the same.

Alain75

After having compared my 5 applications concerning their libraries, I made a dichotomy on libraries list with VirusTotal and my application totally empty (no modules, no code)...
I found that with reflection, 3 engines detect apk as malicious, of which unfortunately Google :

Image.jpg

@Erel , have you any suggestion ? Perhaps duplicating library as an external one in order to change the order ?
Thanks for any idea...

Alain75

I transformed all my Reflection library calls to JavaObject calls. The new compiled apk is no more detected as malicious by Google :)

Alain75

There are many many apps in play store that use Reflection library.

If Google Drive is making problems then use a different storage service.
It is not only Google engine but also Avast mobile and Ikarus that detect it as malicious... For a reason I didn't really understand, this happens only on 1 of the 5 apk I developed, all previously using the library with the same functions of my toolbox...