Android Question [SD_IconTextView] [SOLVED] How to?

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ola

Just started using the SD_IconTextView, awesome library, thanks @Star-Dust . A few questions.

1. I have set enter press event and also "Single Line", however when I press Enter, it first moves to the next line of the textfield before it execute the request focus of the other text field I have coded. I have set wrap = false and single line = true on the native object. How can I solve this?
2. The overall background color of the textfield is "white". I need this to blend with the layout background which is light greyish, how do I achieve this?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ola

Just started using the SD_IconTextView, awesome library, thanks @Star-Dust . A few questions.

1. I have set enter press event and also "Single Line", however when I press Enter, it first moves to the next line of the textfield before it execute the request focus of the other text field I have coded. I have set wrap = false and single line = true on the native object. How can I solve this?
2. The overall background color of the textfield is "white". I need this to blend with the layout background which is light greyish, how do I achieve this?

Thanks.
Hello,

I can't understand why you don't switch focus, as SIngleLine sets it to native view.
The background color follows that of the background property.
1611037745872.png

Give an example of the problem and post it so I can review it.

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

Thanks, now for the background...

As a temporal fix, I set the activity Drawable.Color property to #FFFFFFFF, just like the text box. However, if you set the activity color to Default or any that is not #FFFFFFFF, the last text box has protruding edges. As an example, see the attached project. I changed the textbox Background Color to be another color for example.

Id like to know how to get rid of the edges in the last text box as the rest look perfect.

Thanks

Attachments

• Sample.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The tip above works if you use the FRAME shape, but if you use the BEAD shape, this is what you need to change
1611042174201.png

This will be the result

1611042226695.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Next Focus also works correctly for me.
You probably won't see the change if you don't highlight the text.
I am attaching your correct example

Attachments

• SampleMashiane.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you mean this?
B4X:
Dim PanelBase As Panel=SD_IconTextView1.GetBase
PanelBase.Elevation=10dip

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Attachments

• SampleMarshane2.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use it as a button without any problems.
I updated you the example from the post#13.

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Download version 0.12. I added the HintClick event.

Upvote 0