Bug? Unable to install Android SDK

Pavan Krishna Mulpur

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
I am a beginner and just installed Basic 4 Android and connected through my mobile phone via wireless. But when I try to install Android SDK, the install button is greyed out. Its not getting highlighted and so I am unable to install Android SDK. Please check the attached screen shot.

Can anyone please explain what can be the reason and how do I fix this?

Thank you.

Regards,

Pavan.

Attachments

• 1. Screen shot of Android SDK.png
    1. Screen shot of Android SDK.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 223

Pavan Krishna Mulpur

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are missing components, take a look HERE, those are ones you need to select and install.
Hi NJDude

Thanks a lot for your reply. But I selected all the components that you had listed but still I don't see the Install button getting highlighted. Morever I do not have the item "Android SDK Build Tools" appearing in my list.
Can you please help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Pavan.

Attachments

• 1. Revised Screenshot.png
    1. Revised Screenshot.png
    312 KB · Views: 212

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems there's something wrong with the SDK package you've downloaded, if you look at the list I posted and compare it to yours you will see that under "Android 4.3 (SDK 18)" you only have "Google APIs", the main package (SDK Platform) is not listed among others, I would suggest you re-download and make sure you get the right package.

Pavan Krishna Mulpur

Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems there's something wrong with the SDK package you've downloaded, if you look at the list I posted and compare it to yours you will see that under "Android 4.3 (SDK 18)" you only have "Google APIs", the main package (SDK Platform) is not listed among others, I would suggest you re-download and make sure you get the right package.
Unfortunately no. I selected exactly what you had mentioned but in my screen I don't see the Android Build
Not sure that I understand. What happens when you press on the "Install Packages" button?

The install button is greyed out. Nothing happens when I press it. I uninstalled and downloaded the Android SDK again and then installed it but still I see the older version only. NJ dude sent me a screen shot of his screen and when I compare his with mine I've got Android SDK tools 21.1 whereas his is 22.0.5. And worse I don't see the option Android SDK Build Tools 18.0.1 or 17 as it appears for NJ Dude.Its really irritating.

Pavan Krishna Mulpur

Licensed User
Longtime User
Then delete whatever you've downloaded, and make sure you get THIS SDK package.

Thanks a lot for the link NJ Dude. But I had directly contacted support@basic4android and they gave me the exact link to the SDK with the latest updates that had Android SDK Build tools which your original screen shot had. But thanks a lot for your help.