Android Question VOIP and TTS

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have not yet found any solution stopping sms reading but to inform users that if they use Viber or any other VOIP call app that speaking of sms messages is not suitted for them .
:(
I can not bann users from using this nice feature just because they have whatsapp istalled .
Anyone has any idea how this can be solved .. This two features VOIP and TTS speak are a pain in the ass for android devices !

It is nice that when you call on VOIP to receive a message and on the other end the person who you are talking to to hear your body message.

Does anyone faceing the same problem ??

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes it speaks all incoming messages upon user preferences .. as he can chose some profiles:
silent - does not read sms
permanent - reads sms all the time
office - reads sms all time except when devices is found more that a predifined time in the same place (EX: stops reading sms while in the office
and he can chose to add an exception and read sms at home
Car standard - read sms only when driving
Transport - same as car standard with some time changes
Custom defined -

- Stop sms reading for chosen contact from agenda. (puts contact to black list ..and app does not read sms from them )
thanks for help

I think option are more powerfull than puting a notification ..
I could make a widgets that read sms ..but it wont be the same app any more , and people are already using these features.

I do not know what was in my head when puting such function .. I guess I see siri comercial from apple and belived it will be very smart to have
such function on the phone .
I hope others can comment upon these options . The single problem remains the VOIP .

Upvote 0