[wish] Designer apk to scroll accordingly focused view for bigger than screen layouts

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe that tablet/phone applications are evolving for situations when it is needed to create layouts bigger than the screen.

I am using layout dimensions of 6000x600x160, so i have input screens where the user scroll horizontally looking an overall picture of the data.

The ability of scrolling by the touchscreen gesture is so simple and natural for the user that it makes sense.

I know i could break on pages in order to use sliding panels, however it makes less intuitive in some ocassions, and limit the layouts drawing.

Take a look on the windows 8 concept of horizontally long pages, it just work in any device with the trouble of screen sizes.

For that the designer needs to get an improvement.

Thank you,

Eduardo

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just found that the current designer viewer in Windows limits the size that is possible to view the defined layout.

6000x600 it cuts around 3000 or so.

I could switch the zoom to 50% and it showed more beyond this limit, however the working with the grid <> 1 is impossible, since it calculates the grid based on 100% zoom while running in 50%. Not good.

While this designer is a great addiction I believe it should be carefully rethinked:

- edit operations (copy/paste/cut)
- inport/export (xml, txt, whatever it is possible to export manipulate and import back again)
- support the fullest size of variants on the viewer.
- support scroll of the layout being edited on the android (by sliding and by centering on the focused view, i believe it should be an option)

I put these ideas here to help extended this already good tool.

However I ask for urgent change on the fact to accept bigger layout variant!

Thanks!

Eduardo