ASUS Tf300t has 2048px max BMP limit?

Creaky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

During several b4a projects I noticed that the Asus TF300T has some sort of limit or problem with large bitmaps.

For instance, if I use the TouchImageView and I want to load a bitmap into it that exceeds 2048x2048 pixels, I get a blank ImageView... No errors...
But when I scale the bitmap down to exactly 2048x2048px and then load it, the bitmap is displayed without problems!

Another example where I ran into this problem.
I wanted to load a series of bitmaps into an array, so that the bitmaps are loaded into memory and can be retrieved very fast for animation purposes.
But after loading 15 of the 30 bitmaps the app would crash without warning or errormessage. When I tested the code with just 12 bitmaps in the array, everything went smooth and without problems.

I also test all my code on a Samsung Galaxy S2, and I have never experienced the problems on that device.

Does anyone else have a TF300T who is experiencing the same problems?

My TF300T runs:
Android 4.1.1
Build number JRO3C.WW_epad-10.4.2.13-20120907

I just sicked the log on a piece of code that is experiencing the above mentioned problems, and this is a message that jumps out:
'Bitmap too large to be uploaded into a texture (3564x3571, max=2048x2048)'

Well that's just great... Is this a decision made bij Asus in their Jellybean kernel? Or is this a limit in every Android OS version?

Last edited:

Creaky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Never mind!

I found a solution. You need to turn off hardware accelaration through the manifest.

SetApplicationAttribute(android:hardwareAccelerated,"false")

Now it works.

Upvote 0