Basic4Android MagBook

doogal

Licensed User
Longtime User
@mwhitfield I was looking forward to getting this book, but can't seem to find it on the magbooks website or amazon. Can you tell me if this has breen published yet or if its availbable somewhere else?

Douglas

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
It certainly should be available, and I've not been told of any delay (but then, I'm only the author....). I fired off an email yesterday to the MagBooks team to find out the latest info.

doogal

Licensed User
Longtime User
@mwhitfield, I just looked again through all 80 some mag books and its not there. I have checked out your site and it looks very informative. When the book gets posted could you post a direct link to it either here or on your website?

Thank you,
Douglas

chris.dunne

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi... My first post ;-)

I created a windows app few years ago and when I uploaded my setup.exe to my own ISP server FTP thingy then tried downloading my own work to install I had similar errors. "setup.exe is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous" and also had the warning to discard or download. It's all to do with authenicode signing and another way of others generating revenue. I paid for signing the first year but did not bother with the renewals.

Check out the Microsoft community link:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...commonly/c70e8cbb-3cbe-40a6-b4b6-46b7093f46ae

This might point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Chris

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
Latest word is that the magbook should be up on both Amazon and the Magbooks site later today. I shall see to it that those responsible for the delay are sent for re-education

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
Me too; I checked in WHS branches at St Pancras and Liverpool Street today, but didn't see it. Hopefully soon; I'm not sure why it didn't appear on the on-sale date I was originally advised.

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, I was just recovering my mother after a trip back from Margate. I'm actually based in Hackney

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
Discounted to 7.50 on Amazon, now that they list it as officially available. You can find it by searching, or there's an Amazon Associates link on the nwcode.info site that will take you right there.

charlesg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Could not find it in newsagents so got it from the Turgid River at £7.50 plus postage as stated.

Congratulations. Nicely written, good quality paper, excellent layout. I have been using b4a for a year so I am perhaps not the intended market but have still learned from the book.

Brilliant intro to Android as well as b4a.

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I be lookin' in WHSmith but ain't seen it yet, still keep lookin'

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you asked? They should be able to get it in; does the branch you looked in carry other titles under the MagBook brand? (A red tab, towards the top left of the cover, usually)

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok thanks, I'll keep looking.

It's a brilliant thing you've achieved there sir!

Any chance you can get it published in other countries?

I'll wager the states have the most users of B4a.

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, that's up to the publishing company, since they have all the rights to it (and let's not even get into that discussion...)

I do know that they will ship to most countries from the MagBooks website, however.