Develop Windows apps with Basic4android? What do you think?

elitevenkat

Licensed User
Longtime User
<Quote> This is why Basic4iOS is not happening for now. </Quote>

Can we read it as Going TO HAPPEN in near future ?

VENKAT

ivanomonti

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ci sono novità per il futuro, Erel puoi darci un indicazione se quanto scritto diventa una realtà

there is nothing new for the future, can you give us an indication of whether Erel what is written becomes a reality

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm still testing this.

<wild guess>We will see a new free product named Basic4JFX before the end of the year. It will target Windows, Linux and Macs. The UI will be based on JavaFX.
The concepts will be similar to Basic4android. Though the APIs will not be identical.
</wild guess>
Nothing is sure for now...

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is an important point. This is why Basic4iOS is not happening for now.

However a standard Java solution is much simpler and will require less resources. It will also make Basic4android better as it will allow developers to more easily build the back end side. This is especially relevant for enterprise developers that build in-house solutions.

B4X:
'---
'--- Clone Erel so we can have more enhancements
'---
Dim Erel4IOS As Erel
Dim Erel4Win As Erel
Erel4IOS = Erel.clone
Erel4Win = Erel.clone
'---
'--- now get to work!
'---
Erel4IOS.Init
Erel4Win.Init
Erel4IOS.StartCoding
Erel4Win.StartCoding

;)

socialnetis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Windows Phone will require an almost complete rewrite as it is not based on Java.
Aah too bad to hear that.

One more question: Does the PC's that runs apps made with B4J, will need to have JRE installed? A while ago I discovered that is not that common to have it..

JTmartins

Licensed User
Longtime User
I always wanted this to happen. To be able to reuse some of my code without having to worry with translations is fenomenal

KitCarlson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know serial communications does not work with AVD. Will B4J have vitual com port capability? My apps use USB to RS232 dongles.